sexta-feira, maio 13, 2005

INLAND EMPIRE - novo do David Lynch

Lynch invades an 'Empire'
Digital pic details a mystery

By ADAM DAWTREY [variety.com]

David Lynch is making a new movie with StudioCanal. In fact, he's
already been shooting it under the radar for two years.

Titled "INLAND EMPIRE" (in capitals, though Lynch doesn't explain
why), it stars Laura Dern, along with Justin Theroux, Harry Dean
Stanton, Jeremy Irons and a host of others Lynch won't specify.

[...]

What Lynch will reveal -- and indeed, waxes lyrical about -- is the
fact that he's shooting the movie on digital video.

"I started working in DV for my Web site, and I fell in love with the
medium. It's unbelievable, the freedom and the incredible different
possibilities it affords, in shooting and in post-production."

"For me, there's no way back to film. I'm done with it," Lynch says.
"I love abstraction. Film is a beautiful medium, but it's very slow
and you don't get a chance to try a lot of different things. With DV,
you get those chances. And in post-production, if you can think it,
you can do it."